- Thoroughly clean the sides of the gas tank with brake parts cleaner, contact cleaner, or alcohol then wipe dry.
- Carefully remove one piece of the Tank Tredz Grip Skins product from the backing sheet, trying not to touch the adhesive side.
- Gently mist the adhesive side with water.
- Starting at the back of the tank, begin to apply the Tank Tredz Grip Skin. Wiping slowly outward with your fingers mimimizes air bubbles and pushes out the water.
- Tank Tredz Grip Skins should be bubble free, and ready for use. No need to wait for the adhesive to bond. Just get on and ride!
When removing TankTredz, if some adhesive remains on the tank, use a soft cloth and some WD-40, rubbing in a circular motion. It removes the adhesive and should not damage the paint. You may need to change cloths to keep from just moving the adhesive around. Then clean with regular bike care supplies. Removing the TankTredz slowly and changing the angle a bit as you proceed minimizes the adhesive residue.